SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is one of Sydney's most popular school excursion venues. See the world's largest collection of Australian aquatic animals on display. There's over 13,000 animals to see representing some 700 different species!
So, why SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium?
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is home to a range of unique Australian animals including fish, reptiles, mammals, amphibians and invertebrates. You will be immersed in a range of habitats and ecosystems including inter-tidal, temperate ocean, harbour, and tropical reefs.
More reasons to choose SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- It's flexible! You can choose from self-guided excursions and guided SEA & Discover classes
- It's relevant! Guided SEA & Discover classes and our self-guided resources are designed to support and align with current national Schools Curriculum standards
- It's for everyone! There is no minimum or maximum group size for pre-booked groups. SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is wheelchair accessible and our programs are suitable for children of all needs
- It's fun! The perfect combination of entertainment and education where we cater to your excursion needs
- It's unique! The thrill of an underwater classroom is complemented by our educational talks, live feeds and hands-on Discovery Rockpool
- It's real! It is a rare and exciting opportunity to make connections between the classroom and the real world, allowing students to expand their fascination with nature
- It's legit! SEA LIFE and SBS ONE have partnered to bring Sustainable Seas to life in the class room and on school excursions to the aquarium
- It's safe! Our qualified First Aid Officers are readily available, ensuring your students will be cared for during their visit
- It's value for money! You can also combine your visit to SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium with WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Sydney Tower Eye, Madame Tussauds Sydney and/or Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary.
Conservation is important here at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, with the help of SEA LIFE Trust we focus on providing informtation, support and protection for a number of endangered species and threatened habitats.
Take your class to informative keeper talks throughout the day or book our Interactive SEA and Discover Class!
Teachers go FREE!
All Sydney teachers are offered FREE ENTRY to SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium for the purpose of seeing educational links at their leisure! Your complimentary pre-visit is also the perfect opportunity to complete any risk assessments as required by your school. Please note that teachers must present their current teaching ID to receive this offer.
Find out more!
- Find out more about our guided SEA and Discover programs
- Check out our self guided learning resources
- Find out more about our excursion rates
- Plan your excursion
- Download the Risk Assessment form
Booking and Enquiries
Bookings are essential. Fill out the School Excursions Online Booking Form.
For any enquiries please contact Kara Johnson, Schools and Education Coordinator via Kara.Johnson@merlinentertainments.com.au