Open 7 Days
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium on Darling Harbour is open 365 days a year!
Opening times vary by season and can also be subject to change due to special events. Full details of all scheduled variations are available on this page.
Standard opening hours
- Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 6:00pm (last entry 5:00pm)
- Lunar New Year hours (12-24 Februray): 10:00am - 8:00pm (last entry 7:00pm)
Currently no planned partial closures
NSW school holiday & public holidays
- Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 7:00pm (last entry 6:00pm)
NSW holiday dates
- Summer School Holidays 2017/18: Saturday, 16th December 2017 - Monday, 29th January 2018
- Term 1 School Holidays: Saturday, 14th April 2018 - Monday, 30th April 2018
- Term 2 School Holidays: Saturday, 7th July 2018 - Monday, 23rd July 2018
- Term 3 School Holidays: Saturday, 29th September 2018 - Sunday, 14th October 2018
- Summer School Holidays 2018/19: Thursday, 20th December 2018 - Tuesday, 29th January 2019
- Australia Day: Friday, 26th January
- Good Friday: Friday, 30th March
- Easter Saturday: Saturday, 31st March
- Easter Sunday: Sunday, 1st April
- Easter Monday: Monday, 2nd April
- Anzac Day: Wednesday, 25th April
- Queen's Birthday: Monday, 11th June
- Bank Holiday*: Monday, 6th August
- Labour Day: Monday, 1st October
- Christmas Day: Tuesday, 25th December
- Boxing Day: Wednesday, 26th December
*Only banks and certain financial institutions receive the Bank Holiday
Please be advised that you may experience queue lines during weekends and holiday peak periods. We advise that you allow extra time for this, particularly if you have young children.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is a large attraction and we recommend that you allow around 90 minutes for your visit. Last admissions occur 1 hour before closing each day.
There are cafes and gift shops at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, some of which are accessible to non-paying visitors. Toilets are also available in the foyer for visitors or cafe and gift shop customers.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is located on Darling Harbour in the heart of Sydney. You can find location and transport info here.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is right next door to both WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo and Madame Tussauds Sydney on Darling Harbour, and you can save on entry to all attractions with our huge value Sydney attractions combination passes.