Open 7 Days
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium on Darling Harbour is open 365 days a year!
Opening times vary by season and can also be subject to change due to special events. Full details of all scheduled variations are available on this page.
Standard opening hours
- Monday - Thursday: 9:30am - 6:00pm (last entry 5:00pm)
- Friday - Sunday: 9:30am - 6:00pm (last entry 5:00pm)
- Monday, 24th July 2017: SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium will be closed from 5:30pm.
NSW school holiday & public holidays
- Monday - Sunday: 9:30am - 6:00pm (last entry 5:00pm)
NSW holiday dates
- Summer School Holidays 2016/17: Wednesday, 21st December 2016 - Sunday, 29th January 2017
- Term 1 School Holidays: Saturday, 8th April 2017 - Tuesday, 25th April 2017
- Term 2 School Holidays: Saturday, 1st July 2017 - Monday, 17th July 2017
- Term 3 School Holidays: Saturday, 23rd September 2017 - Sunday, 8th October 2017
- Summer School Holidays 2017/18: Saturday, 16th December 2017 - Monday, January 2018
- Australia Day: Thursday, 26th January
- Good Friday: Friday, 14th April
- Easter Saturday: Saturday, 15th April
- Easter Sunday: Sunday, 16th April
- Easter Monday: Monday, 17th April
- Anzac Day: Tuesday, 25th April
- Queen's Birthday: Monday, 12th June
- Bank Holiday*: Monday, 7th August
- Labour Day: Monday, 2nd October
- Christmas Day: Monday, 25th December
- Boxing Day: Tuesday, 26th December
- New Years Day: Monday, 1st January
*Only banks and certain financial institutions receive the Bank Holiday
Please be advised that you may experience queue lines during weekends and holiday peak periods. We advise that you allow extra time for this, particularly if you have young children.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is a large attraction and we recommend that you allow around 90 minutes for your visit. Last admissions occur 1 hour before closing each day.
There are cafes and gift shops at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, some of which are accessible to non-paying visitors. Toilets are also available in the foyer for visitors or cafe and gift shop customers.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is located on Darling Harbour in the heart of Sydney. You can find location and transport info here.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is right next door to both WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo and Madame Tussauds Sydney on Darling Harbour, and you can save on entry to all attractions with our huge value Sydney attractions combination passes.
Visit All 5 Attractions - Best Deal!
- Works out just $14.40 per attraction
- 30 days validity to see all attractions
- No catches - just huge value!
You get entry to ALL FIVE attractions! This huge value pass includes SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds Sydney, Sydney Tower Eye and Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary. It's our biggest and best combo pass.