04 Jul 2018 11:17:00
Top Tips Checklist for the Ultimate Day Out
The July School holidays are just around the corner so we have put together a handy tips & tricks checklist to ensure your visit goes swimmingly!
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Save time and buy online! When booking tickets online you may receive a timeslot – this helps reduce crowding throughout the journey so you can stay comfortable
- Day our for the whole family? Please provide them with your contact number so if they wander off we can reunite them with you easier!
- Prefer to go pram free? We like it! It helps reduce crowding!
- Before you visit make sure you visit the bathrooms at the admissions foyer. The next set of toilets is located at our Macquarie Island Exhibit, more than half way through the journey.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Ready to go on an Animal Planet Creature Quest school holiday activity? Just ask our admissions team for your activity sheet. If you’re having trouble on your hunt for the stars, ask a ranger wearing the SEA STAR badge for clues!
- Want to know how our aquarists keep our animals happy and healthy? Join us for a fish feed, every hour on the hour!
- Need a rest from all your exploration? Have a seat at the Dugong deck and let our cos café staff tell you about our resident Dugong, Pig
- If you’re planning to discover the Penguin Expedition (we recommend you do!), make sure you embark the boat before we begin to close the ride at 3:30pm. Winter means shorter days on Macquarie Island and our penguins have to prepare for rest by 4:00pm to get ready for breeding and moult
- Notice something different? Our Reef theatre is undergoing an exciting facelift! Hang on to your visitor guide to receive a 30% discount offer for your next visit. Experience the wonders of the Day and Night in the Great Barrier Reef… Coming soon!
AFTER YOUR VISIT
- Feeling hungry? Our kitchen is open until 5:30pm every day where you can get hot chips, burgers and seafood – Marine Stewardship Council approved of course!
- Did you know that you can upgrade your entry ticket to an annual pass? Enjoy 12 months of unlimited entry to all of our attractions!
- Let us know your thoughts! We love hearing about your experience with us, don't forget to check out our Facebook and Instagram pages for all the latest news!
We can’t wait to see you!