SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is one of Sydney's most popular school excursion venues. On display is the largest and most comprehensive collection of aquatic life in Australia, housing over 12,000 animals representing some 650 different species.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is home to a range of unique Australian
Animals providing examples of all classes of animals- fish,
reptiles, mammals, birds, amphibians and invertebrates.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium also showcases a range of habitats and
ecosystems including freshwater, mangroves, inter-tidal, temperate
ocean, harbour, and tropical reefs. Teach your class about animal
behaviours and how they interact with the other elements in their
All of the displays at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium allow the
students to appreciate the diversity of Australia's unique aquatic
habitats and their fascinating fauna and flora.
- The Aquarium is open from 9am to 8pm every day.
- School excursions are permitted any time during opening
- It is recommended you allow approximately one and a half hours
at the Aquarium.
- Excursions are self-guided.
- Bookings are essential and should be made at least two weeks in
- There is no minimum or maximum group size for pre-booked
- Payment is made on the day by cash, school cheque or credit
card. Students cannot pay individually.
- Exclusive discount school meals and gift shop items are
available by pre-order via the call centre only. Find out more
about our cool school showbags!
Find out more about our excursion rates.
Download the Risk
Conservation is key at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, with our Sydney
Aquarium Conservation Fund (SACF) supporting multiple research
programs aimed at conserving, protecting, restoring or fostering
sustainable use of Australian aquatic species, habitats and
Take your class to the informative keeper talks throughout the
day, or book an education officer for a private tour.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is air-conditioned and under-cover
making it a suitable excursions regardless of weather. It is
located at Darling Harbour, with convenient bus parking
Key Syllabus Links:
Science and Technology
- Living Things
- Built Environments
- Earth and Its Surroundings
- Investigating (Living Things)
- Designing and Making (Living Things)
- Using Technology (Living Things)
Human Society and its Environment
- Patterns of Place and Location
- Relationships with Places
Booking and Enquiries
Bookings are essential.
Call us for an order form or fill out the School
Excursions Online Booking Form.
TELEPHONE: (02) 8251 7801